The idea for this blog has come from one of my designer clients; she specializes in bride and mother-of-bride dresses. In a long discussion with her, she explained why the bride’s mother is the most important lady at the wedding.
Mother-of-the-bride dresses are a special type of attire worn by the mother of the bride at a wedding ceremony. These dresses are typically formal, elegant, and appropriate for the occasion.
Things to consider when shopping for a mother-of-the-bride dress include:
- The style of the wedding: The style of the wedding can help determine the formality and appropriateness of the dress. A formal, black tie wedding will call for a more formal, elegant dress, while a casual, outdoor wedding may be more suitable for a less formal dress.
- The color of the dress: It’s important to choose a color that complements the wedding colors and the bride’s dress. It’s usually best to avoid wearing white or a color that is too similar to the bride’s dress.
- The fabric of the dress: Choose a fabric that is appropriate for the season and the location of the wedding. For example, a lightweight, breathable fabric might be more suitable for a summer outdoor wedding, while a heavier, more formal fabric might be better for a winter indoor wedding.
- The fit of the dress: It’s important to choose a dress that fits well and is comfortable to wear. Consider having the dress tailored if necessary to ensure a perfect fit.
- Your personal style: While it’s important to be appropriate for the occasion, it’s also important to choose a dress that reflects your personal style and makes you feel comfortable and confident.
Every mom wants to look her best, and the biggest issue for most moms is they want to look thinner and fitter. There are a few things you can look for when shopping for a dress that will help you look thinner:
- Look for dresses with a fitted waist or an empire waist, as these styles will help define your waist and create a slim shape.
- Choose a dress with vertical lines or details, as these can create the illusion of height and help elongate your figure.
- Avoid dresses with a lot of ruffles, pleats, or other embellishments, as these can add bulk and make you look larger.
- Consider the neckline of the dress. V-necklines and off-the-shoulder styles can help elongate your neck and create a more slender look.
- Wear shapewear under your dress to smooth out any lumps or bumps and create a more streamlined silhouette.
- Choose a dress in a darker colour, as darker shades can help create a slimming effect.
- If you’re comfortable wearing heels, opt for a pair with a pointed toe, as these can help elongate your legs and create a more slender look.