Media coverage can potentially help increase your chances of getting verified on Instagram, as it can demonstrate that you are a notable public figure or brand. Instagram verifies accounts that are “authentic, notable, and active,” and having media coverage can help to establish your authenticity and notability.
However, it’s important to note that media coverage is just one factor that Instagram considers when reviewing verification requests, and it does not guarantee verification. Other factors that Instagram looks at when evaluating verification requests include the account’s authenticity, its presence on other platforms, and its engagement on Instagram.
So, while media coverage can be helpful, it’s important to focus on building a strong and active presence on Instagram and meeting the other eligibility requirements for verification. This includes having a public account, being a well-known public figure, celebrity, or brand, and having an active presence on the platform.
Here are a few tips that may help you increase your chances of getting verified on Instagram:
- Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements: To be eligible for verification, your account must be authentic, notable, and active. This means you’ll need to be a well-known public figure, celebrity, or brand, and have an active presence on the platform.
- Use a consistent name and profile picture: Use the same name and profile picture across all of your social media accounts to help establish your authenticity.
- Link to your official website and other social media accounts: If you have an official website or other social media accounts, make sure to include links to them in your Instagram bio. This can help to establish your notability and authenticity.
- Use hashtags relevant to your content: Use relevant hashtags to help increase the visibility of your content and build a larger following on Instagram.
- Engage with your followers: Respond to comments and messages, and actively engage with your followers to build a strong and active presence on the platform.
- Regularly post high-quality content: Post interesting, engaging, and visually appealing content on a regular basis to keep your followers interested and engaged.
- Follow Instagram’s community guidelines: Make sure to follow Instagram’s community guidelines to avoid getting flagged or banned from the platform. This includes avoiding spammy or inappropriate behavior and respecting the rights of others.
To get verified on Instagram, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a public account: Verified accounts must be public, so if your account is private, you’ll need to switch it to public in order to be eligible for verification.
- Check the eligibility requirements: Instagram verifies accounts that are “authentic, notable, and active.” This means that you’ll need to be a well-known public figure, celebrity, or brand, and have an active presence on the platform.
- Request verification: If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can request verification by going to your profile settings and tapping “Request Verification.” You’ll need to provide your account name, your full name, and a copy of your government-issued ID.
- Wait for a response: Instagram will review your request and may contact you for additional information. If your request is approved, you’ll receive a notification and your account will be verified.
It’s worth noting that Instagram doesn’t guarantee verification for all accounts that meet the eligibility requirements, and it may take some time to review and process verification requests.
To know about the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Instagram, don’t forget to check Instagram’s official help page.