If you are going for a radio interview, here are some radio interview tips that can come in handy, and which will help you make the most out of your interview of
1. First of all, you need to prepare where you will be. Choose a room that is quiet and if there are any other people in the vicinity make sure you ask them to keep quiet. Sound quality is essential during a radio interview, so turn off anything that might cause audio problems, such as air conditioners, cell phones and anything else which might even distract you.
2. It is a good idea to keep a glass of water close by, just in case.
3. Be punctual, as with any other interview. Be waiting at your phone or see if they prefer that you call at the radio station yourself at a specified time.
4. Check how much time you are going to have on air so that your answers will be according to the time you have at your disposal.
5. Keep any material you might need at hand, such as books, documents and any other paperwork.
6. Write an overview or main points which might be handy in case you panic or do not know what to say.
7. Try to be informative as well as entertaining. Remember that the listeners will switch the station if they get bored.
8. Do not talk down to your audience and make sure you are respectful throughout. Being an expert in a subject does not mean that you are a superior person. So avoid jargon and acronyms which most people will not know.
9. Practice out loud so that you gain some confidence and also put yourself in the frame of mind that you need.
10. Maintain a positive attitude, and it is a good idea to smile while you are speaking as it will show in your voice.